iPhone 14 ProMax
USB-C to Lightning Connector Cable
Our environmental goals.
As part of Apple’s effort to be carbon neutral by 2030 , iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max do not include a power adapter or EarPods. The box contains a fast-charging USB-C to Lightning cable that is compatible with USB-C adapters and computer ports.
We recommend that you reuse any USB-A to Lightning cables, headphones, and power adapters that are compatible with these iPhone models that you already own. However, there are Apple headphones and power adapters for sale, in case you need new ones.
iPhone 14 Pro Max vs iPhone 14 Plus: face to face of the two “big guys”
We thoroughly compare the iPhone 14 Pro Max with the iPhone 14 Plus, two very large devices that are similar and different at the same time.
Apple’s strategy has changed this year and the iPhone Pro Max has been given a cheaper competitor that also has the same strengths: a huge 6.7-inch screen and great battery life . With the iPhone 14 Plus Apple wants to offer a more affordable large iPhone, with which many will have more than enough.
The iPhone 14 Plus and iPhone 14 Pro Max are alike in many ways, but we also have some key differences. We are going to analyze everything in this comparison so that you can choose the iPhone 14 that you like badly.
What are the differences between the iPhone 14 Pro Max and the iPhone 14 Plus?
The iPhone 14 Pro Max and iPhone 14 Plus share many features, including an identical size with a 6.7-inch display and massive battery life . However, we have some important differences between both models:
- Dynamic Island instead of the notch.
- Always active screen.
- ProMotion technology.
- A16 Bionic chip more powerful and efficient.
- Different colors.
- New 48 megapixel main camera.
- telephoto camera.
- LiDAR scanner.
- Up to 1TB capacity.
In-depth comparison between the iPhone 14 Pro Max and the iPhone 13 Pro Max
|iPhone 14 ProMax||iPhone 14Plus|
|Dimensions||16.07 x 7.76 x 0.78cm||16.08 x 7.81 x 0.78cm|
|Screen||6.7-inch Super Retina XDR OLED||6.7-inch Super Retina XDR OLED|
|Resolution and density||2,796 x 1,290 pixels, 460 dpi||2778 x 1284 pixels, 458 ppi|
|display technologies||ProMotion (1-120Hz), Always-On Display, True Tone, 2,000 nits||True Tone, 1,200 nits|
|Processor||A16 Bionic||A15 Bionic|
|Operating system||iOS 16||iOS 16|
|Storage||128, 256, 512GB and 1TB||128, 256, 512GB|
|cameras||Triple camera (48+12+12MP)||Double camera (12+12 MP)|
|Front camera||12 MP with autofocus||12 MP with autofocus|
|Drums||29 hours of video playback||26 hours of video playback|
|Colors||Dark Purple, Gold, Silver and Space Black||Blue, Purple, Star White, Midnight and Red|
|Others||Dynamic Island, Crash detection, Satellite connection, Dual SIM, Dual eSIM, Face ID, IP68 water resistance 30 min at 6 meters, MagSafe, Ceramic Shield||Accident detection, satellite connection, Dual SIM, Face ID, IP68 water resistance 30 min at 6 meters, MagSafe, Ceramic Shield|
In terms of design, we are facing two practically identical devices in terms of size and dimensions. Although the iPhone 14 Plus stands out especially for its lightness, it weighs almost 40 grams less . This is due to the use of stainless steel in the iPhone 14 Pro Max and aluminum in the iPhone 14 Plus.
In the overall design we have only 3 key differences:
- The Dynamic Island , which replaces the notch on the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- The camera module , much larger in the 14 Pro Max and with one more sensor.
- The colors Dark Purple, Gold, Silver and Space Black on the 14 Pro Max and Blue, Purple, Star White, Midnight and Red on the 14 Plus
Every year the cameras improve, but this time we are facing one of the best updates ever. After many years Apple has changed the resolution of the main camera and in the iPhone 14 Pro Max we have a 48-megapixel main camera instead of 12. But that’s not all, we find improvements in all sensors.
These are the specifications of the iPhone 14 Pro Max camera:
- 48 Mpx main camera with Quad Pixel sensor : 24 mm – 48 mm (x2 telephoto), ƒ/1.78 aperture, 1.22 µm Single Pixel, 2.44 µm Quad Pixel.
- Telephoto : 77mm, 3x Optical Zoom, ƒ/2.8 Aperture, 6-element lens.
- Ultra Wide Angle Camera : 13mm, 120° field of view, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 6-element lens.
iPhone 14 Plus camera specifications:
- 12 main camera : ƒ/1.5 aperture, 2.5 times brighter than iPhone 13.
- Ultra Wide Camera : 120° field of view, ƒ/2.4 aperture, 2x brighter than iPhone 13.
Both models also feature a new 12-megapixel TrueDepth front camera with an ƒ/1.9 aperture for better low-light photos and videos, which debuts autofocus. We also have the Photonic Engine, a new level of computational photography. As well as the new Action mode.
iPhone 14 takes computational photography even further with the Photonic Engine, which dramatically improves results in low- to medium-light situations across all cameras through tight hardware and software integration.
In addition, Apple has included in the new camera system of the iPhone 14 Pro Max a completely redesigned new True Tone adaptive flash with a set of nine LEDs that change the pattern depending on the chosen focal length.
In addition to the cameras, it is on the screen that we find the biggest differences between the iPhone 14 Pro Max and the iPhone 14 Plus. The change that stands out the most is the cutout on the screen, in one we have the new Dynamic Island and in the other the classic notch.
We must also highlight other important differences in the screen, the iPhone 14 Pro Max has the best screen ever used on an iPhone , while the iPhone 14 Plus has a simpler panel. These are all the differences:
- ProMotion technology . With refresh rate between 1 and 120 Hz that allows the screen always on. In the 14 Plus we have a 60 Hz panel.
- Always active screen . An exclusive feature of the iPhone 14 Pro.
- 2,000 nits of peak brightness outdoors , on the iPhone 14 Plus we have a maximum brightness of 800 nits, 1,200 nits in HDR content.
The iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max debut the A16 Bionic chip , a more powerful and efficient evolution of the A15 Bionic chip, the chip used precisely by the iPhone 14 Plus. The new chip represents an improvement of 10% in terms of power and offers extra autonomy. These are the data of the Apple chips:
- A16 Bionic chip
- 6 core CPU (2 performance and 4 efficiency)
- 5-core GPU with 50% more memory bandwidth
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 16 billion transistors
- A15 Bionic chip
- 6 core CPU (2 performance and 4 efficiency)
- 5 core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 15 billion transistors
We are facing the two iPhone models with the most battery in the Apple catalog . The iPhone 14 Pro Max is slightly ahead when the screen plays a role, as it is a more efficient panel. But the iPhone 14 Plus also offers very important data and almost unparalleled autonomy:
iPhone 14 Pro Max battery life
- Video playback : up to 29 hours
- Video streaming : up to 25 hours
- Audio playback : up to 95 hours
iPhone 14 Plus battery life
- Video playback : up to 26 hours
- Video streaming : up to 20 hours
- Audio playback : up to 100 hours
All iPhone 14s have increased in price in most countries and, although Apple has its reasons , this can influence the decision of many. In this case, we are facing a difference of more than 300 euros .
- Official iPhone 14 Pro Max price : 1,469 euros.
- iPhone 14 Plus official price : 1,159 euros.